Allianz Global Assistance commissioned QuestionPro to conduct a nationwide survey of parents with children who intend on pursuing post-secondary education. The survey findings uncovered the following results:
- 76% of respondents were aware that post-secondary tuition might not be refundable.
- 82% of parents said that the cost of post-secondary education is significant for them and their family.
- 16% of parents felt they were familiar with tuition insurance.
- 90% of respondents did not know where to purchase tuition insurance.
- 82% of parents are planning to pay $10,000 or more per year on tuition.
- 84% of parents think the cost of post-secondary tuition is too high.
- 64% of parents perceive the primary benefit of tuition insurance is for a reimbursement on pre-paid tuition if child withdraws from school.
- 81% of parents were not aware that tuition insurance exists.
Download the PDF here.